Let me know what y’all think!
I’m thrilled to share my new release with you!
Something old, something new, and a kevlar vest, too!
Mina Jackson needs to reclaim her life and she has her murdered father’s gun to help her. Only problem? The man she targets turns out to not only be kind, patient, and considerate, but sexy as hell.
Robert Carson is jolted out of his humdrum life in finance when a beautiful green-eyed woman kidnaps him at gunpoint. When he finds out who she is, he can’t forgive himself for allowing her to reach this desperate point.
From Chicago to Vegas and back again they’ll fight for their lives and possibly, a happily-ever-after that will leave them both breathless.
Thanks so much for your phenomenal support everyone!
I was driving from one client to another this morning and something amazing happened. Something that I didn’t think would ever happen to me again. I started writing a book in my head. I haven’t done that in ages, not since I got so despondent about my writing career. It felt wonderful and nearly brought tears to my eyes when I realized what I was doing. That fantastic feeling of getting lost in another reality where exciting things happen like romance and explosions overcame me. I can’t explain how thrilling it is to know I haven’t lost it forever.
Now I just need to find time to write!
Okay, I’ve been asked how this happened and I can’t say for sure. I’ve been writing professionally since 2005 and this has never happened to me before. I’m so thankful and so thrilled to have reached 1045 for My Biker Bodyguard alone this month!
But, I’m gonna share here what I did and maybe this will be helpful to anyone wanting to try for the same results. I wish everyone the very best!
1) I changed book covers. When I picked the color I wanted my cover to be, I chose one that’s very popular right now. Colors go through trends as well and I believe that the eye can be drawn to a color that is popular in the moment. This is why I chose the color blue I did. Maybe this didn’t help, but it’s one of those things I did.
2) I chose a sexy man for my book cover this time around. Yes, sex sells and I’ve had the rights to this hottie for a while now. I decided to use him for the new cover because he had the same physique that I imagined my hero to have.
3) I picked a very specific market: Romantic Suspense. Because this book is self-published, I was able to pick this for myself. When my rights were reverted I wanted to go back to my roots–romance. I’m not sure what category my book was listed in before all this, but now it’s definitely targeted.
4) Price–this was a tricky subject for me. I didn’t want to undervalue my work, but after polling a few folks about going the .99 route, I decided this was the best strategy for me. After all, this was my backlist and I have more current releases I have (or will shortly) list at 2.99. In otherwords, I hoped that by selling the book for .99 I’d get more exposure for the other titles.
5) This is more of what I didn’t do. I didn’t do a blog tour, I didn’t do a lot of promotion, I didn’t do much beyond a few tweets (using #kindle) and a few facebook updates. I wasn’t expecting to see many sales for this book, but it’s a lot like love, I guess. When you stop looking, it finds you. I’m only praying it’s a lasting love!
So, that’s what I did. Seems fairly straightforward, but obviously these were things that I didn’t do before and it’s made a huge impact on my sales. Mostly, I think I got lucky and I am very grateful for the over 1000 readers who have purchased my book now.
Thank you so much for reading!
Today is my daughter’s 14th Birthday! Happy Birthday Molly!
Love you Sweetie
I’m getting my backlist up on Kindle now and Stark Knight and Silent Knight are up for .99! Here are the two new covers–but I’ve gotten some feedback that they look a little DYI so I’m gonna try to fix that. In the meantime, though, here they are: